Over the past decade, the explosive growth of data has transformed nearly every industry. Small wonder that skilled professionals who can translate that data into actionable insights are in high demand. Carleton University Business Analytics and Data Visualization Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time program that gives you the knowledge and skills to conduct robust analytics on a host of real-world problems. Whether you are employed or a full-time student, our boot camp is designed to fit into your life, with convenient weekend and evening sessions.
By the time you complete the program, you should have the skills to:
- Utilize statistical analysis to characterize and interpret novel datasets
- Employ statistical models to predict and forecast trends
- Build VBA scripts in Excel to automate tedious manual processes
- Utilize real-world data sources to showcase social, financial, and political phenomena
- Create Python-based scripts to automate the cleanup, restructuring, and rendering of large, heterogeneous datasets
- Interact with RESTful APIs using Python Requests and JSON parsing techniques
- Create in-depth graphs, charts, and tables utilizing a wide-variety of data-driven programming languages and libraries
- Use ETL process (Extract, Transform, Load) to transform and consolidate data from multiple sources
- Use geographic data to create visually exciting, interactive, and informative maps
- Write SQL commands to perform Create, Read, Update, and Delete commands
- Use advanced SQL and NoSQL techniques to combine multiple datasets into one so as to create even more impressive and comprehensive databases
- Create basic interactive websites and applications to show your work to the entire world
- Work with and lead small-scale teams in order to create applications and visual datasets
- Scrape information from web pages in order to collect data from a wide variety of online sources
- Communicate and glean new business insights using enterprise-grade tools like Tableau
- Build data-driven prediction algorithms using machine learning tools and techniques
- Work independently or in a group on complex data-mining projects
- Understand the basics of troubleshooting and enhancing legacy code
- Use version-controlling software such as Git to collaborate on open-source software
Ready to shift gears in your career – or accelerate it?
Visit the Carleton University Business Analytics and Data Visualization Boot Camp website to learn more.
This program is offered in partnership with Trilogy Education Services a 2U, Inc. brand.