The Global Academy has a mandate to connect Carleton to the world and bring the world to Carleton. As a new initiative, the Global Academy fulfills elements of Carleton University’s Strategic Integrated Plan which “commits Carleton to work with others, locally and globally, to confront challenges and improve the state of our world.” The Global Academy, in collaboration with all of Carleton’s Faculties, offers programs that serve society, increase Carleton’s profile and raise revenue by leveraging opportunities for partnership in Ottawa, across Canada, and around the world.
The Global Academy is, together with Carleton International and the full Carleton community, designed to enhance activities that support Carleton’s global engagement. These activities include:
- Developing and delivering professional development programs;
- Facilitating opportunities for student and faculty academic exchanges and global work placements;
- Building strategic global relationships with partner institutions; and
- Fulfilling Carleton’s mandate as Canada’s capital university to address issues of national importance through:
- research collaboration; and
- leadership initiatives for practical problem solving.