About the Program
Offered by the Global Academy and Carleton’s academic faculties, this program is specifically meant for cybersecurity students and professionals. It is four weeks in length and includes experiential learning through weekly industry visits.
The curriculum can be customized in accordance with specific professional development objectives of participants and/or their home institutions.
Our currently offered program emphasizes:
- policy challenges
- initiatives related to cybersecurity including:
- security of the core infrastructure
- internet safety
Participants are selected according to criteria agreed upon in advance with Carleton University.
The program is designed for students and professionals who are interested in pursuing careers in cybersecurity. By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the defining features of cybersecurity and the factors which shape the international issues
- Identify principal threats to cybersecurity; describe and analyse the key cybersecurity issues for users, and states
- Understand and analyse the Internet security issues for e-commerce including online banking and identity
- Explain the issues involved in cybercrime and its impact and investigation
- Understand the threats to the core Internet infrastructure
- Explain the concepts of cyberwarfare and cyberterrorism
- Explain and analyse the international frameworks for cybersecurity policies and strategies
Schedule and Course Content
|Arrival day||Arrival – Shuttle pick-up at airport and hotel drop-off|
|Week 1||Introduction to security
|Week 2||Security of the core Internet infrastructure and critical infrastructure
|Week 3||Cyberterrorism and cyber-conflicts
|Cyber-security policies and mechanisms
|Week 4||Broader context of cybersecurity
|Departure day||Departure – Airport drop off|
Upon successful completion of the internship, students will receive a certificate of completion from the Global Academy at Carleton University.
For an average 4 week professional development program including accommodations, the fee is approximately $3,750.00. Without accommodations, the program is $2,750.00.
A non-refundable application fee in the amount C$100 + HST is required to apply for any program. To continue, please email GlobalAcademy@cunet.carleton.ca.