About the Program
The short-term Entrepreneurship program is specifically meant for entrepreneurs who are interested in learning about the North American markets and want to engage with various start-up ecosystems in Canada.
Participants will learn about foundations of entrepreneurial management, market intelligence and customer discovery, and finding and managing finances. This program is Ideal for creating long-term peer-to-peer connections with Canadian entrepreneurs and investors
Offered by the Global Academy in partnership with Lead-to-Win start-up incubator, this program offers a comprehensive experience to entrepreneurs to take their ventures to the next level. It is 4 or 6 weeks in duration with in-class sessions, incubator experience, networking opportunities, and advisory sessions with senior executives from the private sector.
By the end of the course, participants will have a deeper understanding of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Upon completion participants will be able to:
- find and begin to validate an idea for a business
- articulate and refine business value proposition
- create or refine business model
- explore the legal and tax requirements of a start-up business or non-profit venture
- understand the target customers and their buying behaviour
- pitch solutions to target customers in multiple forms
- determine which tactics are best for their product or service
- measure and manage each stage of the process leading up to closing the sale.
- develop a sales and marketing plan and define early strategic marketing goals.
- work with cash flow statements, balance sheets and income and expense statements
- build a financial plan
- forecast different scenarios to manage risk
- identify funding options for their business
Upon successful completion of the internship, students will receive a certificate of completion from the Global Academy at Carleton University.
For an average 4 week professional development program including accommodations, the fee is approximately $3,750.00. Without accommodations, the program is $2,750.00.
A non-refundable application fee in the amount C$100 + HST is required to apply for any program. To continue, please email GlobalAcademy@cunet.carleton.ca.