Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Business Writing for Today’s Professional (Mitacs Training)
September 21, 2020 at 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
No matter what field you’re working in, written communication is a critical part of your day-to-day duties. Regardless of your comfort or skill level, you can benefit from learning techniques to entice your readers and achieve your goals. This course will help all professionals hone their writing skills using proven techniques and processes.
To provide opportunities for participants to build on their business writing knowledge and skills through a combination of self-directed activities and in-person, facilitated application. Through their participation, participants will shape their approach to strategically creating clear written communication in a professional setting.
- Gain practical written communication skills to improve engagement with various stakeholders
- Deepen your understanding of writing techniques to concisely grab a reader’s attention and get results
- Learn writing methods that can be applied immediately
- Harness writing processes that maximize preparation and effective writing time
To learn more and register for this course, please click here. If you do not have an existing account in the system, follow the instructions below:
- Visit https://edge-reg.mitacs.ca
- We recommend using a web-based browser. The site isn’t fully optimized for mobile browsing just yet.
- You will be required to create a new account! Please do not attempt to use your existing login credentials with previous Mitacs platforms, they will not work!
- Select your Learner Affiliation on the EDGE Registration Portal
- Carefully select your current Mitacs Program Affiliation
- If you are not a Mitacs Intern or program participant, please select General
All Carleton graduate students and postdocs are encouraged to attend Mitacs Training workshops, but if you are working as a TA this session can count toward voluntary paid training hours, provided that you are working as a TA in the term when the training takes place. IMPORTANT: In order for your hours to be recorded, you must send us an email or other document from Mitacs that displays a record of your attendance. Please forward it as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot record your training hours if you notify us after the term deadline for submission (November 30 for Fall Term, March 30 for Winter Term).
For more information on Mitacs Training, visit our Mitacs Training page.