November 19, 2021 at 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
This workshop addresses the importance of cultural awareness at organizations of all sizes. In this session, participants are provided with the tools, resources, and awareness needed to interact and communicate respectfully in a cross-cultural context.
(1) Learn about the role of the Department of Equity & Inclusive Communities (EIC)
(2) Reflect on their own cultural values and the impact it has on one’s attitude and behaviours
(3) Discuss the Cultural Competence Continuum
(4) Learn about the common barriers and challenges to intercultural communication
(5) Explore the impact of assumptions and bias in cross-cultural communication
(6) Identify skills and strategies to interact with and provide support in diverse cultural contexts
Department of Equity and Inclusive Communities (EIC)
Please note: All graduate students are welcome. If you are a TA, this session counts toward voluntary paid training hours, provided that you are working as a TA in the term when the training takes place.
Community Engagement; Communication
PLEASE REGISTER BELOW