Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
I want a job in Canada. Where do I start?” Session 5: Transitioning into the Canadian Workplace
February 11, 2019 at 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM
|Location:||482 MacOdrum Library|
Career Services is pleased to be holding this workshop series titled, “I want a job in Canada. Where do I start?” for international students! Below is a description for the final session of this series:
Transitions are difficult to manage at any time. Learn about how you can stay motivated on your job search, explore strategies for successfully integrating into the Canadian workplace, and hear from our Guest Speaker!*
After attending this session of the workshop series, you will:
- Find out how to stay motivated on the job search
- Understand the process of transitioning into a new job
- Learn about tips and strategies for succeeding in the Canadian workplace
- Connect with our Guest Speaker! A Carleton University alumna who was once a Carleton International Student will share her experience of finding work in Canada and transitioning into the Canadian workplace
* In registering for this workshop, students will be invited to share and discuss career related thoughts and experiences as they feel comfortable. As such, participants are asked to respect the experiences shared by one another while maintaining each other’s confidentiality to create a comfortable learning experience for everyone.
This workshop is offered by Career Services and is intended for international graduate students, although all students are welcome to attend.
To register, go to the mySuccess portal in Carleton Central. For instructions on how to login or to create an account, please click here. If you are no longer able to attend the workshop it is extremely important that you deregister via the mySuccess portal in order to make space for other students.
Current TAs can claim this workshop as part of their paid training hours provided they complete the workshop during a term they are working as a TA.