Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Introduction to Knowledge Mobilization
September 27, 2023 at 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
Learn the basic concepts behind the practice of Knowledge Mobilization (KMb), also known as Knowledge Translation (KT). KMb is about turning knowledge into action, in order to bridge the gap between those who produce or manage knowledge and those who make decisions as practitioners in government, business, or other fields. In many cases it involves working with interested parties in an integrated process of reciprocal learning and feedback. There are an increasing number of jobs that demand familiarity with KMb concepts, and this workshop offers you a starting point for further learning.
(1) Identify the terminology used in Knowledge Mobilization practice
(2) Learn basic “K*” concepts
(3) Relate Knowledge Mobilization to the Knowledge Economy
(4) Distinguish between integrated KMb and KMb as knowledge dissemination
(5) Identify the emerging K-professions and the fields in which they are situated
Please note: All graduate students are welcome. If you are a TA, this session counts toward voluntary paid training hours, provided that you are working as a TA in the term when the training takes place.
Research and Analysis; Innovation and Collaboration; Communication; Community Engagement
PLEASE REGISTER BELOW