Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Writing Grant Proposals
September 13, 2023 at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
This workshop aims to introduce participants to the process of grant proposal writing. We will review the components of grant proposals as well as explore the proposal’s key elements such as the statement of the needs/problem, goals, and objectives. Our discussion will revolve around the steps to prepare for grant seeking and the techniques of formulating and presenting ideas in the proposal. Participants may bring up other related topics.
- Indicate the common reasons grant proposals are rejected
- List the key elements of the formal grant proposal
- Describe the process of planning and writing a grant proposal
- Describe the elements that make up the narrative component of the grant proposal
- Organize the grant proposal’s narrative component in a logical, accessible, and compelling manner
- Critique grant proposals written by other writers
Competencies: Communication; Research and Analysis
Please note: Because this workshop takes place during Spring/Summer, time spent in these workshops cannot count toward paid pedagogical training hours.
PLEASE REGISTER BELOW