Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Essentials of Productive Teams (Mitacs Training)
March 17, 2021 at 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
All Carleton graduate students and postdocs are encouraged to attend Mitacs Training workshops, but if you are working as a TA this session can count toward voluntary paid training hours, provided that you are working as a TA in the term when the training takes place. IMPORTANT: In order for your hours to be recorded, you must send us an email or other document from Mitacs that displays a record of your attendance. Please forward it as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot record your training hours if you notify us after the term deadline for submission (November 30 for Fall Term, March 30 for Winter Term).
More than ever, organizational success depends on people working together – effectively. The pressure to communicate productively, quickly turn ideas into profitable action and consistently deliver results never decreases. Using team simulation exercises, participants work from a clear understanding of personal strengths and an appreciation of the differences in others will be the foundation of success in the future.
To constitute an effective team, its members must share a common goal, have respect for each other, and be motivated to use the strengths of each member to achieve their objectives. Using team-based, hands-on, experiential learning exercises, the objective of this one-day workshop is to provide participants with an opportunity to build their ability and awareness participating in and leading an effective team unit that meet deadlines and see results.
To learn more and register for this course, visit edge.mitacs.ca.
If you do not have an existing account in the Mitacs EDGE learning management system, follow the instructions below:
- Visit https://edge-reg.mitacs.ca
- We recommend using a web-based browser. The site isn’t fully optimized for mobile browsing just yet.
- You will be required to create a new account! Please do not attempt to use your existing login credentials with previous Mitacs platforms, they will not work!
- Select your Learner Affiliation on the EDGE Registration Portal
- Carefully select your current Mitacs Program Affiliation
- If you are not a Mitacs Intern or program participant, please select General
For more information on Mitacs Training, visit our Mitacs Training page.