Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Writing Academic Articles
June 22, 2023 at 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Writing academic articles is a primary task for all academics, but it’s something that many also struggle with. This workshop aims to demystify key aspects of academic writing by exploring both conventions of academic writing and the many methods authors use to write creatively within those constraints. Discussion will revolve around the following four levels: sentence, paragraph, structure, and positioning your article as a contribution to a particular area of research.
- Indicate the common reasons academic journals reject submitted manuscripts
- Differentiate between various strategies of approaching the issue under study in research articles
- Describe the main approaches of organizing academic articles
- Identify at least two techniques for structuring paragraphs
- Recall the main pitfalls of poorly written sentences
Communication; Research and Analysis
Please note: Because this workshop takes place during Spring/Summer, time spent in these workshops cannot count toward paid pedagogical training hours.
PLEASE REGISTER BELOW