November 4, 2021 at 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
Report writing is a crucial form of business communication. This two-session module introduces you to the process of report writing, with a focus on three topics: (1) formats of reports, memoranda and formal letters, (2) types, purpose, and contents of reports, and (3) report writing techniques. Participants will be given the opportunity (optional) to submit executive summaries of reports which will be discussed during the critique portion of the module.
Second session: Nov. 18, 2021 at 1:00 to 2:30 PM
- Identify the steps of planning reports
- Differentiate between various report formats and objectives
- Describe and apply writing styles and organizational patterns pertinent to business writing
- List the main components of formal and informal reports
- Identify and employ effective report presentation strategies
- Compose an executive summary of a formal report
- Critique report executive summaries written by other report writers
Please note: All graduate students are welcome. If you are a TA, this session counts toward voluntary paid training hours, provided that you are working as a TA in the term when the training takes place.
Communication; Business Writing
PLEASE REGISTER BELOW