The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs now offers professional development resources for postdoctoral fellows from all departments.
In addition to the one-on-one consultations which run year-round, postdocs can take advantage of many other resources, including events, workshops, and more.
If you have any questions about postdoctoral professional development, please contact David Lafferty at email@example.com.
Dr. Karim Abuawad is offering virtual professional support consultations to assist postdoctoral fellows in the planning and implementation of their objectives while at Carleton. Potential topics of discussion include planning and writing articles, the academic and non-academic job markets, review of job documents, and crafting an Individual Development Plan. Consultations will be conducted using Zoom.
Workshops for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
The Mitacs Training program offers workshops that are open to Carleton graduate students and postdocs.
To access online courses from Mitacs Training, you must create an account on Mitacs’ new learning management system called EDGE (Education, Development, Growth, and Engagement). By accessing EDGE, you will be able to:
- Enroll in Mitacs Training courses scheduled across Canada
- Access Mitacs Training’s online course catalog
- View and download transcripts following successful course completion
- Check course registration status, download resources and tools, and more!
To get started on EDGE:
- Visit https://edge-reg.mitacs.ca
- We recommend using a web-based browser. The site isn’t fully optimized for mobile browsing just yet.
- You will be required to create a new account! Please do not attempt to use your existing login credentials with previous Mitacs platforms, they will not work!
- Select your Learner Affiliation on the EDGE Registration Portal
- Carefully select your current Mitacs Program Affiliation
- If you are not a Mitacs Intern or program participant, please select General