In order to promote the health and safety of our Carleton community, the Carleton Health and Counselling Services is open and offers both virtual and in person visits.
- Medical Appointments: You will be given the option of an in-person visit or a telephone/video conference which will be initiated by your physician at your designated appointment time. For telephone appointments, please watch for a blocked ID call and for a video call appointments an email with instructions will be sent to the email you have on file with us.
- Urgent Care (Walk In): Call 613-520-6674. You will be triaged by telephone to determine the safest way to provide care. If deemed necessary, we will ask you to present in person to the clinic wearing your own face covering. Note for injections: please call the clinic to discuss with a nurse.
- Intake Counselling: Call 613-520-6674 and the receptionist will book you in for your intake appointment and send you an intake form via our secure messaging system called Medeo.The intake counsellor will consult with you and explore what your needs are and the most effective way to address those needs such as self help material, online options, referrals to on or off-campus resources, counselling or medical appointments.
- Counselling Appointments: Will be provided in-person, or virtually by phone or video, based on students’ preference and in accordance with current public health guidelines.
- Crisis Counselling: Call 613-520-6674 or present in person and indicate that you are in crisis and need to speak to someone right away. If you live in residence call 613-520- 2600 ext. 8061 or present to 131 Renfrew House and indicate that you need to speak to someone right away.