Note for July 1st-July 3rd: Health and Counselling Services will be closed on July 1, 2 and 3rd.
- Please visit an offsite walk-in clinic for non-urgent issues or you can call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000.
- In the case of an emergency please go to the nearest hospital emergency department and/or call 911. If you are on campus call Campus Safety at 613-520-4444.
- If you are experiencing a mental health emergency on-campus, please contact Campus Safety, 613- 520-4444. For all mental health emergencies off campus , please dial 911 or present to the nearest hospital emergency department.
- If non-urgent, please call back on Monday, July 6th to schedule an appointment.
In order to promote the health and safety of our Carleton community, the Carleton Health and Counselling Services remains open virtually.
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Urgent Care Walk-In Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
(or when maximum capacity reached)
Note: Urgent care walk-in patients will be seen according to need and availability of staff. Only one issue will be addressed per visit.
Appointments can be made in two ways:
- In-person: Main Clinic 2600 CTTC Building
- By phone: (613) 520-6674
Appointments with HCS doctors are reserved for current students at Carleton University. Professional services employees, faculty and continuing employees, contract instructors, post-doctorate fellows, researchers, visitors (e.g. guest lecturers, athletes from visiting teams) can come to see the walk-in doctor for medical problems that are episodic in nature – a cold, an infection, an allergic reaction and so on. They cannot make one of the physicians here their regular doctor.
An appointment is necessary for most visits and suggested for the following:
- STI Testing (Non-symptomatic) and Results
- Birth Control
- Prescription Renewals
- Referrals to Specialists
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your booked appointment time and bring your Carleton card and Health card. If you are more than 15 minutes late, the appointment will be rescheduled for another time and the cancellation policy will be in effect.
The urgent care walk-in clinic is open from 8:30 AM-3:45 PM (or when maximum capacity is reached). The clinic is for urgent care only and operates on a first-come, first-served basis.
When updating your personal information with Carleton Central it does not automatically filter down to HCS. Please email us with your new home/email address, phone/cell number and/or health insurance number.