Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Cleaning the Capital for Earth Day
April 22, 2021 — April 23, 2021
While unfortunately we may not be on campus to take part in a collective clean up the campus event, as a broader community we can still get involved and use our collective actions to make a difference. Healthy Workplace and Sustainability Carleton are teaming up to promote Cleaning the Capital!
This event is being promoted in honour of Earth Day on April 22, 2021.
How to Get Involved
- Plan it
- Pick your project site, your cleanup date, and time. The Carleton “team” will plan to do our cleanups on April 22!
- Be sure to plan ahead for the proper disposal of compost, garbage, recycling, leaf-and-yard waste and any other hazardous items you may collect. Need assistance? Call 3-1-1.
- Cleaning the Capital is an ideal way for neighbours, family and friends to work together and clean up their neighbourhood.
- Register with Carleton Healthy Workplace and Sustainability
- Register with us by filling out the form at the bottom of this page. This allows us to track how many Carleton people are participating in the larger campaign AND to give out some CU swag!
- You can do your cleanup anytime between April 15 – May 15 – we will be encouraging the Carleton “team” to complete their cleanup on April 22 in honour of Earth Day!
- Complete your cleanup!
- Let us know when you’ve completed your cleanup by emailing Healthyworkplace@carleton.ca
Please keep in mind that all participants must follow public health guidelines to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. This means your cleanup plan must include the following measures: Keep a physical distance of at least two metres (six feet) from anyone who is not from your household, wear a mask whenever physical distancing is not possible, wash and/or sanitize your hands as early and as often as possible and if you are feeling unwell in any way, please stay home.
Registration with Healthy Workplace and Sustainability
To register with us, please fill out the form below. We will send reminders about the campaign, and will draw winners from the list of people who register using the form below.