Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Financial Planning for Retirement
October 6, 2021 at 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM
|Staff and Faculty
A CPA Canada financial expert will be joining us virtually to present a workshop on financial planning for retirement.
CPA Canada’s mission is to “deliver unbiased objective financial literacy education and information to Canadians to improve the overall state of financial literacy in Canada.” This workshop is designed for those who want to understand how to effectively plan for the retirement they desire.
- Understand that, as a member of the healthiest and longest-living population ever, government payments are not enough to fund retirement
- Learn how to become proactive and start retirement planning early
- Discover the benefits of using government tax deferral/saving opportunities, participating in company pension plans and including non registered investments as part of a retirement plan
- Why You Need a Retirement Plan
- How Much Do You Need to Save?
- Retirement Saving Strategies
- Sources of Retirement Income
- Government Plans (RRSP, TFSA, CPP, OAS, GIS)
- Employer Pensions
- Non-registered investments
- What we learned about Retirement
- Tools and Resources
To register, please fill out the form below. More information will be sent to you via email closer to the session date.