Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Recognizing Stress and Building Resilience – Virtual Workshop
February 24, 2021 at 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
|Location:||You will receive a calendar invitation to join the virtual event within a few days of registering.|
|Audience:||Staff and Faculty|
We have all experienced changes and transitions in the past few months, and you may have noticed yourself reacting to these changes in different ways. This virtual workshop on Recognizing Stress and Building Resilience prepares you to identify your strengths and consider how to further develop them to address current and anticipated changes. The main focus is to build targeted self-awareness that can support your ability to manage stress and change in your work environment. Throughout this workshop, you will:
- Define resilience in a way that is personally meaningful
- Explore factors that test resilience
- Identify automatic responses to stress
- Identify strategies and behaviours for coping with stress and building resilience
- Select a behavior or action you intend to put into practice over the next two weeks
This workshop includes two separate components:
- Individual work/reflection: Prior to the workshop you will watch the video and work through the workbook which will take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Facilitated virtual group discussion: We will come together virtually via MS Teams for an hour-long facilitated group discussion around what we learned.
Registration is available through Carleton Central. Under the Employee Services tab, click on Learning and Professional Development, then select Workshop Registration and followed by All Workshops. The workbook and link to the video will be sent you by email shortly after you register.