Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
The Fundamentals of Nutrition
October 12, 2017 at 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
|Location:||2017 Dunton Tower|
|Audience:||Staff and Faculty|
|Key Contact:||Samantha Munro|
|Contact Phone:||Ext. 2042|
Wrapping our Heads Around the Basics of Nutrition & Unwrapping Food Labels
Stephanie Carson, author of The Real Peel blog, will be joining us to discuss the Fundamentals of Nutrition and Food Labels. This workshop will include:
- Introduction to The Real Peel and the value of nutrition
- Introduction of basic nutritional terms and science (What are proteins, carbohydrates and fats?)
- Q &A
- Looking at packaged food labels and learning the importance of “outside the box” health
- Food demo and samples of salads with plant based protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats
- A take home information sheet
Steph has a Masters of Science in Human Health and Nutritional Sciences and wants to share her knowledge with you and bring nutrition to life.
She created The Real Peel to inspire healthy choices and to show others that a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be boring or bland. It can be full of colour, flavour, energy, and excitement. Healthy living is exactly that, living! She hopes to make it easier for others by sharing simple recipes, tips and tricks that work for her.
To register for this workshop, please fill out the form below.
This event is now fully subscribed. If you would like to be added to a wait-list, please email Amanda Dobbie. Thank you.