Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
The Journey Out of Debt
February 23, 2021 at 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM
|Audience:||Staff and Faculty|
Audience: Those looking to manage their debt
- How Credit Works
- Good Deb vs. Bad Debt
- Cost of Buying on Credit
- Payday Loan Companies
- How Debt Accumulates
- How to take Control of Your Finances (Dealing with Debt)
Learning Objectives for Participants:
- Learn what credit is and how it works
- Understand the difference between good debt and bad debt
- The cost of debt, particularly bed debt and only making minimum payments
- How payday loan companies operate and the cost of borrowing from them
- Understand how debt can pile up and how this can have negative consequences on future financial plans
- Learning how to take control of debt including assessing the amount of debt, debt repayment options, dealing with creditors, and collection agencies and rules.
To register, please fill out the form below. You will receive a calendar invitation to join the virtual event within a few days of registering.