Every Day in May Physical Activity Challenge
** THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the 2017 Every Day in May Challenge! The winner of the challenge is Andrew Squires! Congratulations!
The Healthy Workplace Committee is pleased to offer the Every Day in May Physical Activity Challenge! This fun challenge encourages participants to engage in 30 minutes of physical activity each day in the month of May.
How it Works
- Register using the form below and pledge to engage in 30 minutes physical activity every day
- Download the printable tracking sheet everyday and keep track of your daily activity
- Submit your tracking sheet to 1310 Dunton Tower by Wednesday June 7th for the chance to win some awesome prizes!
Let’s get active!
Looking for inspiration?
Here are a few ideas to get you thinking about the ways you can incorporate physical activity into your daily routine:
- Take the pledge to bike to work, and join the Carleton team, for your chance to win prizes from Bike to Work Ottawa!
- Take a lunch hour walk through the Arboretum
- Enjoy some lane swimming at Athletics or join a spring fitness program — there are so many to choose from! (please note the pool will be closed for maintenance and will re-open on May 5)
- Cycle, walk, or jog to work
- Go for a hike at one of the many parks around town, such as the Mer Bleue Bog, or Petrie Island
- Play a game of soccer or touch football with friends and family
- Turn off the TV and take your neighbour’s dog for a walk
- Dust off the canoe and enjoy a paddle at Lac La Peche or Meech Lac in Gatineau Park
Find a more comprehensive list of activities in and around the city on our Spring and Summer Fun page!
You can engage in any kind of physical activity that suits your interests—whether it’s here in Ottawa or out of town (for those who are travelling). So, come on Carleton! Let’s get out there and get active.