Quick & Easy Tips for Drinking More Water
The following are some quick and easy tips to help you get those eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day!
- Add fresh mint leaves
- Instead of setting down an empty glass, refill it with water and keep sipping
- If you’re feeling hungry and you’ve eaten recently, drink a cold glass of water, and wait a minute or two. You could just be dehydrated.
- Make your water more interesting by adding a squeeze of lemon or lime.
- Dilute your juice (apple, grape, or orange) with water
- Make it a morning ritual. Start your day by drinking one or two glasses of water. Start early, feel better, Set the trend for the day.
- Have a big glass of water at every transitional point of the day: When you ﬁrst get up, before you leave the house, when you sit down to work, when you go to lunch…
- Get a glass or water bottle you love.
- After each trip to the restroom, drink some water to replenish your system.
- Take a bottle of water with you on your walks.
- Freeze little bits of peeled lemons, limes and oranges and use them in place of ice cubes — it’s refreshing and helps get in a serving of fruit.
- Fill a big glass with ice and keep ﬁlling it up throughout the day.
- At home always keep a glass of water handy while watching TV, doing laundry, making dinner or surﬁng the net.
- Track it. One check mark for every glass consumed.