Join us for a walk at your own comfort level! The Healthy Workplace Walking Group will meet every Wednesday online (on Microsoft Teams) prior to embarking on individual walks in our respective neighbourhoods or on-campus! This walking group aims to support your mental and physical health by providing you with an opportunity to take a step back from your responsibilities and stresses, engage with others at a social distance all whilst enjoying the healing effects of nature. Being free and non-committal, the Walking Group will allow you to enjoy both the physical and emotional benefits of walking with few barriers.
Here’s what you need to know to participate:
- Meetups will take place on Wednesdays at 12:10pm, beginning May 4, 2022.
- You do not need to commit to walking every week. You can drop-in whenever your schedule allows!
- The group will meet on Microsoft Teams from 12:10 – 12:15pm for a 5-minute virtual check-in and then will head out on the 30 minute walk. The MS Teams group is also used to share walking routes, maps and photos.
- The program is open to all Carleton University staff and faculty.
- All levels of walkers are welcome to participate.
Thank you to Angela Hayward for leading the weekly walks!
To register for this activity, please fill out the form below.