Funded internships offer Masters and PhD. students unique and valuable opportunities for “hands-on” learning about the practice of heritage conservation.
Internships are offered in the three research tracks of the program: Building Digitalization, Building Rehabilitation and Building Sustainability Simulation. Students select an internship position that relates to their thesis research topic and build on their research during the internship. Students continue to be paid their research stipend while they are working as an intern.
Eight NSERC CREATE students are working as interns during summer 2016. See their placements here..
Partner Organizations offer internships in Canada and around the world:
- Autodesk Canada, Toronto, Ontario
- City of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario
- ERA Architects, Toronto, Ontario
- Heritage Conservation Directorate, Public Works and Government Services Canada, Ottawa, Ontario
- Heritage Conservation Branch, Parks Canada Agency, Gatineau, Quebec
- Heritage Standing, Fredericton, New Brunswick
- John G. Cooke & Associates, Ottawa, Ontario
- MTBA Architects, Ottawa, Ontario
- National Trust for Canada, Ottawa, Ontario
- Robertson Martin Architects, Ottawa, Ontario
- Watson MacEwen Teramura Architects, Ottawa, Ontario
- Windmill Development Group, Ottawa, Ontario
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK), Trento, Italy
- Fraunhofer-Institut fur Graphische, Darmstadt, Germany
- International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property (ICCROM), Rome, Italy
- International Council on Monuments and Sites, Charenton-le-Pont (Paris), France
- National Park Service, Heritage Documentation Program, Washington, D.C., USA
- The Getty Conservation Institute, Los Angeles, California, USA
- UNESCO Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand