Carleton University has been chosen for the sixth consecutive year as one of the top employers in the National Capital Region for 2020. This is a national competition compiled by Canada’s Top 100 Employers based on various criteria, including the physical workplace, work atmosphere and community involvement. To read Carleton’s profile on Canada’s Top 100 Employers, visit here. Some of the reasons Carleton University was chosen include:
- Our commitment to the health and wellness of the Carleton community through our three-year healthy workplace strategic plan;
- Our initiatives as a green employer including employee-led efforts to reduce waste, sustainability workshops and our Green Globe building certification (10 buildings at Carleton are already at this standard);
- Free Carleton tuition for employees and their spouses and dependents.
- The many celebrations and events held annually for faculty, staff and students. These events allow for socialization, as well as recognition of the many wonderful achievements and triumphs of the Carleton community. The annual Service Excellence Awards and Faculty and Staff Holiday Luncheon, Community Breakfasts and Appreciation Day are just a few examples;
- Our beautiful campus bordered by the Rideau River and Rideau Canal, in the heart of the nation’s capital.To read Carleton’s profile on Canada’s Top 100 Employers, visit here: https://www.canadastop100.com/ottawa/