- New Employee Documentation Forms
- International Temporary Workers and Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
If this is your first employment assignment at Carleton University, fill out the forms below and submit a completed documentation package to human resources within a week of your start date. For all the information you need to know as a new casual employee, view our Information for New Casual Employees brochure.
A completed documentation package includes the following:
- Employee Information Form
- TD1 Form (Federal Tax Form)
- TD1ON Form (Provincial Tax Form)
- Confidentiality Agreement Form
- Mandatory Training Form
- VOID Cheque or signed Direct Deposit Advice
To download all fillable forms as one pdf file, click here.
BEFORE STARTING WORK international students and international academic appointments must also submit:
- Confirmation of Social Insurance Number (SIN), the nine-digit number that you need to work (and get paid) in Canada
- A photocopy of your valid immigration status document (i.e. Study Permit or Work Permit) indicating your eligibility to work.
For students: Working under the conditions of a study permit means that you MUST remain enrolled in school (except during scheduled breaks) with full-time status. If these conditions are not being met, you may no longer be eligible to work.
For all international workers: If you fall out of status, you are no longer eligible to work. In order to continue working you MUST have a valid SIN and a valid immigration status document. If you apply for an extension before your status expires, you must provide us with proof of implied status.
Confirm your eligibility to work in Canada at the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website or by consulting the International Student Services Office.
For the following international academic appointments, please contact:
- Visiting Researchers – Yvonne.Clevers@carleton.ca (Carleton International)
- Postdoctoral Fellows – firstname.lastname@example.org (Office of the Deputy Provost)
- Visiting Professors/Scholars – email@example.com (Office of the Deputy Provost)
Tax Forms: Additional Resources
- Canadian Students and Income Tax – Informational Videos from CRA
- International Students and Income Tax – Informational Videos from CRA