Continuing and Term Employee Orientation
If you are a new continuing or term employee working, you will be scheduled for an orientation session. After you accept your offer of employment, your Human Resources representative will contact you with the specific date and time of your orientation session—in most cases it will be the Monday prior to your first day of work. This orientation session is an opportunity for you to meet your HR team, ask questions, and learn more about our campus community.
- Review your information package. In this first part you will meet with one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists to learn about resources available to you, departments and services on campus, mandatory training, campus safety and other information to help you adjust to your new workplace.
- Learn about your benefits. In this second part you will sit down with our Benefits Coordinator for a review of your benefits package.
At this session, we will also begin your payroll process. As such, please bring with you:
- A VOID cheque or a signed Direct Deposit Advise (available from your bank)
- Proof of date of birth – bring government-issued photo ID (examples: Driver’s License, Passport)
If you have been hired from an international location you must also provide:
- Letter of Confirmation of Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Photocopy of valid immigration document indicating eligibility to work (Work Permit or Study Permit)
- Proof of University Health Insurance
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.