M.Cog.Sc. Summer Courses 2017

*CGSC 5907 – Independent Research Study
*This independent study course requires an application form (link is above) that has to be signed by your Independent Research Supervisor, your Thesis Supervisor, the Student and the Graduate Supervisor, prior to registering into the project.  This course is a .5 credit course only and must be completed in one term.  The paper is due on the last day of  full summer classes.

*CGSC 5908 – Research Project
Prior to the your first registration into the Research Project, you will have to consult with the Graduate Administrator.   You will also have to submit the Research Project Contract (link is above)  Both the yourself and your Research Supervisor must sign the forms before submitting it to the Graduate Administrator. You must also submit the Supervisory Committee Form.  The Graduate Administrator will submit the forms to the Graduate Supervisor.  This course requires the student to register every term until the Research Project has been completed.

*CGSC 5909 – Thesis
Prior to registering in your thesis, you should consult with the Graduate Administrator as this will require registration in every term.

 Additional Registration Tips

  • Please note:   All course selections should be discussed with your Thesis supervisor and the Graduate Supervisor prior to registering.
  • If other departments are offering course selections that fit your program course requirements, you should contact your Thesis Supervisor and the Graduate Supervisor to discuss, prior to registering.
  • Courses at Ottawa U require students to fill out the Graduate Student Exchange Form which can be obtained by contacting the Graduate Administrator.  All courses taken at Ottawa U have to be part of your core requirements and will be listed on your audit and included in your GPA.  You cannot take Ottawa U courses for interest while in a graduate degree program at Carleton.