Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
ICS/IIS United Way Fundraiser: Dvd/Cd/Video Games Sale
November 21, 2017 at 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
|Location:||Galleria University Centre|
|Key Contact:||John Tracey|
|Contact Phone:||613-520-2600, Extension 8895|
For the 2nd year in a row Carleton’s Institute of Cognitive Science (ICS) and Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies (IIS) are holding a United Way Fundraiser in the form of a Media sale including dvds (regular and blu ray), music and audio book cds and video games.
To date we have over 3100 items donated for the sale.
The prices will be as follows:
- Single dvds/music cds/video games: $3 each or 4 for $10 ***
- DVD Box sets: $8 each or 3 for $20
- Blu ray dvds: $5 each
- Audio Books on CD: $7 each or 3 for $15 (great to have in the car for those long trips)
- Promo cds (from radio stations; most without covers): 2 for $1
- Special items as priced: (For example: a 31 dvd box set of Boston Legal, a 42 dvd box set (brand new unopened) of the Gilmore girls, an 18 dvd box set of all 8 seasons (brand new and unopened) of Entourage, a 5 dvd box set of Agatha Christie’s Poirot: the movie collection, 5 separate volumes of Bob Dylan’s Bootleg Series cds (each with a mega paged booket), a 2 dvd Delux edition of Elvis – Aloha from Hawaii, a multi cd tinned collection of Kenny Rogers cds, 5 separate Bob Dylan “Bootleg Series” cds ……to name just a few.
*** People will be able to mix and match any of the $3 items to obtain the 4 for $10 pricing (music cds/dvds/video games). (IE: 2 dvds, 1 music cd and 1 video game) should they wish.
The Sale will be held in the Unicentre Galleria (4th floor Unicentre)
DONATIONS of the items above (dvds, cds, video games) are always appreciated and last year’s sale ($1687.00 raised for the United Way) was only possible because of the generous donations of Carleton faculty, staff, students, alumni, retirees, friends and family.
You can donate these items by sending them (interoffice mail if you are on campus) to John Tracey in Dunton Tower, room 2218. If you have a large quantity please call John Tracey at 8895 and he will pick up from your office or car in any parking lot on campus. If you are off campus John Tracey will arrange to pick up from your house, apartment or office.
REMEMBER: Every dollar (100%) raised will be donated to the United Way.
Thank you all and hope to see everyone on November 21st.