The Carleton Industrial Design Student Association (CIDSA) is designed as a social network and education tool for industrial design undergraduate and graduate students.
CIDSA organizes social and academic events to develop fellowship among industrial design students and faculty. The association also represents students within the School of Industrial Design regarding academic and/or policy matters to the University and the profession.
CIDSA plans social events throughout the year and coordinates guest lecturers. CIDSA’s primary annual activity is the year-end dinner held in April. It is a formal gala event attended by the student body, faculty, instructors, and staff. It is an evening to celebrate the year.
Card-carrying CIDSA members also benefit from supplier discounts from local Ottawa merchants.
2018-2019 Executive Committee
- President: Jenna McMullen
- Vice President Social: Justin Low
- Vice President Finance: Stephen Tzolov
- Vice President Communication: Meagan Wittenberg
- Vice President Academic: Mandy Hui, Delayna Smith
- Vice President Special Projects: Meg Schwellnus, Sophie Nakashima