Students applying to the Bachelor of Industrial Design program are required to have completed the following courses (4U level courses unless otherwise indicated):
- Advanced Functions
- 4 additional credits
In addition to the above, Calculus and Vectors, Design Technology, and Visual Arts are strongly recommended.
Applicants to the program are also required to submit a portfolio for review. More information can be found on our preparing a portfolio page.
- February 3, 17 and March 3, 17: Information sessions
- March 1: Deadline for receipt of applications by Admissions Services
- April 1: Deadline for receipt of portfolios by the School of Industrial Design
This is a limited enrolment program. Offers will be made progressively after all documentation has been evaluated at the beginning of April.
Bachelor of Industrial Design (BID) Information Sessions provide an opportunity for applicants to learn about the School and the BID program. The sessions include a presentation, a tour of the design studios, workshops and laboratories.
Students are encouraged to bring their portfolio (work in progress) or early examples for feedback in a group discussion.
Location: 3464 Mackenzie building
Time: 1:30 p.m. (lasts approximately 2 hours)
To book an information session, please email Valerie.Daley@carleton.ca.
All applications are handled through the Undergraduate Admissions Department.
Please contact Admissions if you:
- have questions regarding the Industrial Design admission requirements;
- have questions regarding course equivalencies;
- would like to receive an Industrial Design information package;
- need information on how to apply to the Industrial Design program.