Successful candidates are chosen from a large pool of applicants. The design of the portfolio is important. Above all, your portfolio should show your ability to think and work creatively in both 2D and 3D, and to communicate this effectively.
Your portfolio should include:
- Curriculum vitae (academics, work experience, interests, and other);
- Statement of interest with reasons for wanting to study industrial design; and
- Diverse selection of 2D and 3D creative work with explanatory notes.
Creative work may include freehand and computer generated drawings, technical drawings, paintings, graphics and photographs, and images of 3-dimensional work such as sculptures, models, renovations, furniture, fashion items, and other. It is useful to show both the process and the final work.
- Compiled .pdf portfolios should be limited to 20 pages. For reviewing purposes, please upload 1 (one) image at a time. Please name each file using this example: Lastname-Firstname_01.jpg …Lastname-Firstname_20.jpg or pdf (Images may be submitted in horizontal and/or vertical orientation but should not exceed 1024×768 pixels)
- Accepted file formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, .pdf
Submit your portfolios online at cusid.slideroom.com (SUBMISSION OPENS FEB 1, 2017 – CLOSES APRIL 1, 2017) It is important to clearly follow format requirements to be considered for acceptance.