On behalf of Rodney Nelson, Co-chair, Indigenous Education Council
The Carleton University Indigenous Education Council (AEC) is currently recruiting:
- Four (4) full-time Indigenous faculty and staff members
- Three (3) full-time Indigenous student members
The term is one-year (October 7, 2015 to June 1, 2016). The AEC’s mandate is to promote, guide and oversee the implementation of Carleton’s Indigenous Co-ordinated Strategy. For more information, including responsibilities of membership, please see the AEC Terms of Reference.
The AEC will meet 8 times during this time period. The meeting dates in 2015 are: October 7, November 4 and December 2. The dates in 2016 are: February 3, March 2, April6, May 11 (1 PM to 3 PM) and June 1. All meetings are from 10 AM to noon, except where otherwise noted. Meetings are held in the Alumni Boardroom, 617 Robertson Hall.
If you meet the above requirements and would like to put yourself forward as a candidate for AEC membership, please submit the following information to Lauralee Archibald (Lauralee.firstname.lastname@example.org), before Friday, September 25, 2015:
- Self-identification as First Nations, Inuit and/or Métis;
- Describe your role at Carleton University (faculty and staff only);
- Undergraduate or graduate program and year of study (students only);
- Please describe your reasons for seeking membership in the AEC and what you would like to contribute.
You will be notified by email if you have been selected to be a member of the AEC before the meeting scheduled for October 7.
Thank you for your interest in the Indigenous Education Council.