The Centre for Indigenous Initiatives is proud to present the Kinàmàgawin Indigenous Learning Certificate. Within the series, four sessions will discuss anti-Indigenous racism in Canada, institutional anti-indigenous racism and education, Indigenous student experiences and the Centre for Indigenous Initiatives, and practicing allyship and righting relations.
The workshops are 3 hours in length. They will run monthly and will be offered in the fall and winter terms. For the time being, the workshops will only offered virtually. However, the Centre is monitoring public health regulations. If safe to do so, we hope to host the sessions in person in the winter semester.
The cohorts are filled on a first come, first served basis.
Staff and Faculty Registration
Registration for the Kinàmàgawin Indigenous Learning Certificate for Carleton Staff and Faculty is done through Carleton Central. To register for an upcoming session, follow the instructions below:
- Log into Carleton central
- Under the Employee Services menu, click the tab that says ‘Learning and Professional Development
- Click the ‘Workshop Registration’ link
- Select ‘Equity Program’ from the program drop-down menu and press display
- Click the circle that corresponds with the workshop you would like to register for
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the button that says ‘Register/Waitlist’
The Centre for Indigenous Initiatives is happy to offer student cohorts. Please check out the Student Registration for the Kinàmàgawin Indigenous Learning Certificate page to learn more about dates and registration for this certification.
Please Note: You must attend all four workshops to receive your Kinàmàgawin Indigenous Learning Certification.
If you have any questions, feel free to email Lane Bourbonnière at firstname.lastname@example.org