All Weekly Programming is held in the Ojigkwanong Centre, located in Paterson Hall, room 228.
- Smoothie Mondays: Monday’s can be tough, start your morning off right with a healthy and yummy treat to begin the day! Stop by for a morning smoothie every Monday from 10:00am – 11:00am, starting September 16th, 2019.
- Knowledge Keeper Program:. The Centre for Indigenous Initiatives is pleased to continue a tradition of providing opportunities for knowledge keepers and Elders to connect with students and staff. Teachings this month will be shared from elder Barbara Dumont-Hill (Kitigan Zibi Anishinabeg). All are welcome! The Knowledge Keeper Program begins September 17th 2019 and will occur every Tuesday 10:00am – 1:00pm.
10am-11am – Teachings and Circle
11am-12pm – Visit with the Elder
12pm-1pm – Feast
- Research Support: Martha Attridge Bufton is the Interdisciplinary Studies librarian at MacOdrum Library and she will be offering research support in Ojigkwanong on Wednesday mornings.Starting weekly on Wednesday September 18th, 2019 from 930-1130am.
- Drumming Circle: Come join us at our weekly drumming circle on Wednesdays! Learn and share songs, make friends, and have a great time! All are welcome, beginners and advanced players alike! Bring your own drum, or use one of the available teaching rattles.Starting weekly on Wednesday September 18th, 2019 from 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Beading Drop-in: Our weekly Beading Drop-in on Thursdays will be instructed by Ashley-Rose Machendagoos, the owner and operator of Zhawenim Designs. She has been hand-beading since childhood and holds great respect for the art and medicinal properties of beading. Drop-in and take a break from classes. Beginners and advanced beaders are welcome! Weekly sessions begin on Thursday September 19th 2019 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- The Friday Warm-Up: Come join us for a hot bowl of soup. With the upcoming chilly weather approaching quickly, stay warm with friendly company, and a yummy, healthy lunch! Every Friday starting September 20th, 2019 at 12:00pm-2:00pm,