For more than a quarter-century, the NIBS Student Business Plan competition has provided unparalleled learning experiences for students from across the globe. Participants tackle real-world international business challenges in a best-on-best team tournament, benefiting from unique settings that immerse them in the culture of the host country.
Apply to join one of two NIBS business plan competition teams at Carleton and have a chance to win up to $1500*
The NIBS Worldwide Business Plan Competition aims to stimulate entrepreneurship among students.
Teams are challenged to improve an existing service, or product, or to conceive of a new service or product offering. Teams must then create a business plan and concept pitch video aimed at convincing potential investors to finance the business. Each year, the three best submissions are selected by a jury of business professionals and academics to compete in the Final Round.
About the Program:
- The competition is conducted virtually; there are no travel requirements.
- Students participate in teams of 2-5 individuals.
- They can be from any academic program and multidisciplinary teams are encouraged.
- They can be from undergraduate or masters programs.
- The task is to conceive of a new service or product offering, OR, improve an existing product or service, and create a business plan for it.
- The deliverable (on which teams are assessed) is a written business plan and concept pitch video aimed at convincing potential investors to finance the business.
- Registration deadline is January 27, 2023.
- Submission deadline is March 15, 2023.
- Each participating school can enter up to 2 teams.
- Final presentation round is mid May 2023.
- experience creating a business model and writing a business plan
- familiarity with primary / secondary market research and the process of conducting feasibility studies
- feedback from a jury of senior managers and academics
- experience working as part of a team
- opportunity to sharpen organizational and communication skills
- prize money to the winner and second and third place teams