The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) IP Academy offers a range of resources and tutorials on intellectual property, patents, trademarks, copyrights, industrial design, IP strategy, and commercializing your IP. Take a look at the links below for free, online learning modules.
Intellectual Property Roadmap- Your Path to Getting a Patent Grant
- What is the process for obtaining a patent grant?
- What is IP?
- How do I identify, protect, and manage my IP?
Tutorial- Discover Intellectual Property
- What are IP rights?
- What are the differences in the types of IP Protection?
- Where can I learn more about intellectual property?
- What is a patent?
- Which inventions are patentable?
- The steps involved in filing a patent application.
- How can a Trademark protect your unique name or logo for the products of services you offer?
- How can a Trademark help you to develop a brand identity and image for consumers to recognize in the marketplace?
- A novel look and distinctive visual features applied to a product can get consumers’ attention.
- Learn how novel and effective designs can help you market and sell your product.
- Find out what copyright is and how it is becoming increasingly important in the digital world.
- Learn how copyright can protect the expression of your ideas and how to legally use the works of others.
CIPO and IPS Hosted Webinar Series
Plan for Success: Develop an Intellectual Property Strategy
Inventing the Next Big Thing: Why Patents Matter
Protect your Brand: Why Trademarks Matter
Social Media and Intellectual Property
Fueling Innovation: Funding Opportunities for Start-Ups
University of Toronto Entrepreneurship – access free, online training here
Manager, Innovation Transfer, Contracts and Agreements