On July 19, 2021, the Government of Canada announced the next phase of its approach to ease border measures for travellers entering Canada.
Beginning August 9, the 3-day government-authorized hotel requirement will be eliminated for all travellers. In addition, fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents will be allowed entry for non-essential travel in Canada.
All travellers, independent of vaccine status, must still:
- Submit their information on ArriveCAN (fully vaccinated travellers must upload documentation of the full vaccine series in English or French, or a certified translation into English or French)
- Complete a pre-arrival test within 72 hours of scheduled departure to Canada
- Create a quarantine plan, in case it is determined at the border that they do not meet all of the conditions required to be exempt
Further, in addition to Montréal-Trudeau International Airport, Toronto Pearson International Airport, Calgary International Airport, and Vancouver International Airport, international flights will be permitted to land at the following additional Canadian airports:
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport
- Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport;
- Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier International Airport;
- Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Edmonton International Airport
Kindly recall that the final determination on entry to Canada, including the approval under the fully vaccinated exemption, will be made at the Port of Entry by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
We strongly recommend all students with plans to travel keep in touch with the International Student Services Office (ISSO) for additional guidance and support. Please visit our Quarantine Planning and Support Website, attend a Travel and Quarantine Q&A Session and/or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org