With final exams soon underway, students will be navigating final assessments, upcoming deadlines, personal responsibilities and wellness. Carleton University has a number of resources available to assist international students in balancing academic responsibilities while prioritizing personal well-being during this busy time of year.
Carleton University offers an extensive variety of wellness supports available to students. Please visit the Mental Health and Well-Being Resource Finder page to find campus supports, off-campus supports, spirituality supports, province-specific supports, and an International Support Resources page for international students located abroad.
Berak Hussain, International Student Counsellor, is offering stress management workshops. Tune in to the following live sessions with Carleton Wellness on Facebook:
- March 31, 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Burning Out Workshop
- April 7, 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Exam Stress Prep Workshop
Students Looking for One-on-One Support
- Students inside Canada who require counselling support can contact Health and Counselling Services to make an appointment with a member of their counselling team.
- Undergraduate students inside and outside Canada can contact Empower Me for free, confidential, 24/7 counselling support with qualified counselors. To set up an appointment call 1-833-628-5589. Students outside Canada can email email@example.com to organize a call.
- Students outside Canada can use International SOS’ Emotional Support program which offers 24/7 access to mental health professionals in more than 60 languages through their dedicated line +1 215-942-8478. Students can call this number collect (the person being telephoned receives the charges) to access services.
The Centre for Student Academic Support (CSAS) is hosting a number of live webinars in April. Topics include:
- April 7, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Study Smarter
- April 11, 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Getting Ready for Your Tests and Exams
- April 11, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Take Home Exams – The Essay
To register, follow the steps on the CSAS Learning Support webpage.
CSAS also offers:
- A synchronous learning support workshops on topics including Test and Examination Preparation, Note-taking, Time Management and Memory and Concentration.
Students can also make use of academic supports through their departments, including: