Some sources for information concerning funding:
- Your host university’s website
- Awards and Financial Aid Office at Carleton
- Your own faculty for any faculty-specific awards for exchange students
- Services for Youth
- AUCC Awards & Scholarships
- International Education Financial Aid
- Other scholarships (details below)
|Scholarship Name||Country||Amount||More Information|
|Ontario/Jiangsu||China||Student Exchange Program ($2500 for 1 term, $3000 for 2 term); Summer Language History and Culture, Summer Food Culture, Social Innovation Summer Design School, China Studies Program, and Intensive Mandarin Program ($2000); Summer Research Program ($3000)||Ontario/Jiangsu|
|Chinese Government Scholarship||China||Full scholarships available|
|Ontario/Rhône-Alpes||France||Student Exchange Program ($2000 for 1 term, $3000 for 2 term); Summer Language Program $1000; Summer Research Program (Total of $1500 for 3 months)||Ontario/Rhône-Alpes|
|DAAD Scholarship||Germany||650 Euro (depends on student’s academic qualifications)||German Academic Exchange Service|
|Ontario/Baden-Württemberg||Germany||Student Exchange Program ($2000 for 1 term, $3000 for 2 term); Summer Language Program $1000; Summer Research Program ($2600 – 3500)||Ontario/Baden-Württemberg|
|Augsburg Scholarship||Germany||450 Euros/month for 6 months||Contact Augsburg University|
|Leipzig Scholarship||Germany||350 Euros/month, up to 1500 Euros||Contact Leipzig University|
|Ontario/India||India||Student Exchange Program ($2000 – $3000); Study India Program $2000; Internship in India Program $2000; Summer Research Program $3000||Ontario/India|
|EDC International Business Scholarship||International||30 awards at $4000||Export Development Canada|
|Trento Erasmus+||Italy||850 euros/month plus travel contribution||Contact the University of Trento|
|JASSO Scholarship Japanese Government||Japan||80,000 yen/month||JASSO|
|UPNA Erasmus+||Spain||800 euros/month stipend &
820 euros/month for each travel
|Contact Universidad Pública de Navarra|
|BUTEX||United Kingdom (member institutions only)||500 pounds||BUTEX|
Awarded annually to one student participating in an official exchange as recognized through the exchange agreements with partner universities in countries where Scotiabank operates. The value of the award is $4,000 and the funds may be used for a student embarking upon an approved exchange. The eligible recipient must meet all the requirements for a formal exchange and demonstrate academic excellence. Students apply for this award during the academic year they are on/going on exchange (e.g. a student on exchange during the Fall 2015 term will apply for this award during the 2015-2016 academic year).
2016-2017 Scotiabank Exchange Scholarship – Applications Closed
One scholarship will be awarded in the 2016-2017 academic year. The 2016-2017 scholarship will be awarded to a Carleton student currently on/going on exchange during the Fall 2016, Winter 2017, or Fall-Winter 2016-2017 term(s).
Please note that this application form must be submitted along with a copy of your most recent university transcript (OFFICIAL copy). Application forms and transcripts may be submitted in hard copy to the ISSO or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). If submitting by email, please print the form, sign/date it, and scan as a PDF to attach to your email.
CU Exchange / International Experience Bursary
These bursaries are facilitated by the Awards Office. Interested students should visit the Awards Office website for further details and application instructions. Bachelor of Global and International Studies students should also visit the BGInS website for program-specific details.
The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) is responsible for the administration of various international scholarship programs offered to students and faculty by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD).
The following programs are available for Canadians to study or conduct research abroad:
- Canada-Brazil Awards – Joint Research Projects
- Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program
- Commonwealth Scholarship Plan
- Foreign Government Awards Program
- Organization of American States Fellowship Program
- Tenable in all OAS member states (U.S., Mexico, Caribbean, Central and South America)
- Organization of American States Professional Development Programs
Please apply directly to these scholarships according to the DFATD website instructions.
James M. Flaherty Scholarship Program
Scholarships will be awarded to support Canadians travelling to Ireland, and Irish traveling to Canada, and awards will be made at two levels;
- Emerging Research Scholars from both countries may apply for awards to facilitate a four-week visit to the other country, to make contact with researchers working on research topics which relate to both our countries and which are open to all university disciplines.
- Established Researchers and Academics may apply for awards to enable part-time sabbatical-style leave from their academic appointments to spend up to two months as visiting professors in a university department in the other country, where they will collaborate in both research and teaching in academic areas which relate to both countries.