As a Designated Learning Institution (DLI), Carleton University must report to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on the enrolment status of its international students.

Carleton’s Office of Institutional Research and Planning reports to IRCC twice a year on a regular basis; and may report at other times if IRCC asks for information.

When you apply for a study permit or for an extension, you agree that this information about you can be shared with IRCC.

These reports are one way that IRCC knows whether study permit holders are meeting the terms and conditions of their status in Canada.

Learn More About Study Permits

Who Needs a Study Permit?

How to Apply for Your First Study Permit from Outside Canada

How to Apply for a Study Permit Extension from Inside Canada

Study Permit Terms and Conditions