Study in France or Germany for the Summer!
Carleton University is part of a consortium of Ontario Universities International (OUI) that administers student mobility programs. Carleton students can apply to a partner institution in France (ORA) or Germany (OBW) to complete a language program during the summer term. A scholarship valued at $1200 is available for those who are selected into the program.
Please note that fees are paid to the host institution and not to Carleton University. Students are fully responsible for tuition fees and other associated costs, such as visas, health insurance, and accommodations.
If you are applying to an OUI Summer Language Program (ORA; OBW), you must complete the following steps to be considered:
- Review eligibility requirements on the Registrar’s Office Letter of Permission webpage
- Submit OUI application package (including all required supporting documents) to the Exchange Team at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2023
- Upon return, report to the Registrar’s Office (300 Tory Building) to complete necessary application forms
Application Turnaround Times
You will be notified by the end of March if you have been accepted into the Ontario Summer Language Program. Acceptance letters will be sent later to your email.
- ORA Summer Language Program Website
- ORA Summer Language Program Flyer
- ORA Summer Language Program Application Instructions
- OBW Summer Language Program Website
- OBW Summer Language Program Flyer
- OBW Summer Language Program Application Instructions
If participating in an OUI Summer Program, please review our International Mobility Programs Resources page.
Stories from Abroad
Erica participated in the Summer Language Program and traveled to France, where she stayed with a host family and took intensive French courses.
“For me, French class is never just a course with assignments for a final mark anymore. It’s an opportunity to stay connected with host families and French friends.
It opens up the possibility of traveling to a francophone place and being able to understand a culture and people way more than I could without the language.”
– Erica, Summer Language Program Participant, Ontario Rhône-Alpes
For more information contact the Exchange Team at email@example.com