Summer Programs:

  • 2018 Summer Language Program (SLP): Improve your German with a one-month intensive course. No German-language prerequisite.
    • Lake Constance Summer School/Internationale Bodensee Hochschule (Universität Konstanz)
  • 2018 Summer Research Program (SRP): Participate in a research project (science, engineering, and health science disciplines) at a German (OUI partner) university.

Learn more on the OBW website.

Application Period

  • 2018 SRP Applications: October 15th, 2017 to November 15th, 2017
  • 2018 SLP Applications: January 15th, 2018 to February 15th, 2018

Application Instructions

Students must meet the eligibility requirements set out by Carleton University and the host institution and/or program office. Should you wish to apply for a program, the following documents are mandatory:

  1. Carleton University ISSO Summer Program Application
  2. Consent to Publish Student Information Form: print, complete, sign and submit to
  3. $30 Application Fee (cheque or money order payable to Carleton University)
  4. OBW Program-Specific Application: See above “Application Period” or visit the OBW website.

Once you have submitted your application for consideration, the ISSO will contact a Registrar Specialist to officially review your eligibility.  Once admitted into the summer program, please provide the following:

  1. Liability Waiver (read and understand, submit to ISSO)
  2. Consulate Affairs / Proof of Insurance (submit to ISSO)
  3. Host Institution/Program Application Form
  4. Next steps to be eligible for transfer of credits:
    • Undergraduate students will receive an approval/instructional email from the Registrar’s Office, which states:
      • Upon your return you must submit complete documentation of the course (i.e. course work binder) along with your official transcript of the grade to the Registrar’s Office to be considered for credit transfer.  The deadline to submit course work binders and official transcripts is October 30th.
    • When submitting your course work binder and official transcript you will be asked to complete an International Summer Language Program Letter of Permission and will be charged the per course LOP fee at that time
    • Graduate students check with department and the ISSO for approval

Please follow the instructions on our Travel Tips page, including how to register in the CU Travel Registry.

For more information contact the ISSO at