About the Program
Exchange opportunities in China, France, Germany, and India.
Carleton University students are able to apply to the Ontario Universities International (OUI) Exchange Program. Through OUI, Ontario Universities maintain vibrant region-to-region partnerships with networks of universities in Jiangsu province (OJS – China), in the region of Rhône-Alpes (ORA – France), in the state of Baden-Württemberg (OBW – Germany), and in the states of Maharashtra, Goa and the New Delhi Region (OIN – India).
Through the OUI Exchange Program, students are eligible to study at an OUI partner institution for one semester (Fall/Winter) or for a full academic year. While abroad, students will pay Carleton tuition and earn credit toward their Carleton degree. Outgoing exchange students who wish to be considered for an OUI exchange opportunity must submit both a Carleton University exchange application and the program-specific OUI application to the International Student Services Office by the relevant deadline(s). Application instructions can be found below.
Information on this page details the application procedure for the OUI academic exchange program only. For information on the OUI summer language, culture, research, and/or internship programs, please visit the International Student Services Office website.
Eligibility and Application Instructions
2022-2023 OUI Exchange Application Instructions
If you are applying to an OUI Exchange Program (OJS; ORA; OBW; OIN), you must submit the following to be considered:
1. Carleton University Outgoing International Exchange application (via Carleton Central) by the application deadline.
2. OUI application package (including all required supporting documents) listed below by email to the ISSO at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2022.
Your OUI exchange program application package will require additional documentation (e.g. language assessment; letters of reference; etc.). Refer to the Carleton University exchange program for information on eligibility requirements.
Application Turnaround Times
You will be notified by mid-February if you have been accepted to the Carleton University Exchange Program. Your Ontario Universities International results (including the OUI partner to which you will be nominated) will be available in March/April.
- OJS Application Form Instructions 2021-2022
- OJS Ontario Application Form 2021-2022
- OJS Student Exchange Flyer 2021-2022
- ORA Application Form Instructions 2021-2022
- ORA Ontario Application Form 2021-2022
- ORA Language Assessment Form 2021-2022
- ORA Study Proposal Questionnaire 2021-2022
- ORA Student Exchange Flyer 2021-2022
- OBW Application Form Instructions 2021-2022
- OBW Ontario Application Form 2021-2022
- OBW Language Assessment Form 2021-2022
- OBW Student Exchange Flyer 2021-2022