About the Program
Carleton University students are able to apply to the Ontario Universities International (OUI) Exchange Program. Through OUI, Ontario Universities maintain vibrant region-to-region partnerships with networks of universities in the region of Rhône-Alpes (ORA – France), in the state of Baden-Württemberg (OBW – Germany), in the states of Maharashtra, Goa and the New Delhi Region (OIN – India), and in the province of Jiangsu (OJS – China). Please note that the OIN and OJS programs are on hold at this time with no anticipated return date.
Students are eligible to study at an OUI partner institution for one semester (Fall/Winter) or for a full academic year. Please note, participation in OUI is limited to Canadian citizens or permanent residents, due to the nature of funding that the program receives. If selected, students are awarded between $2,500 – $3,500, depending on the length of their exchange.
Information on this page details the application procedure for the OUI academic exchange program only. For information on the OUI summer language, culture, research, and/or internship programs, please visit the OUI Summer Programs website.
- Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident status
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing
- Undergraduate students must be in second year standing or higher at the time of application
- Undergraduate students who transferred to Carleton must have completed at least one (1) full academic year of studies at Carleton at the time of application
- All students must have enough credits remaining in their degree to study full time at the partner institution
If you are applying to an OUI Exchange Program (ORA; OBW), you must submit the following to be considered:
- Carleton University Outgoing International Exchange application (via Carleton Central) by the application deadline.
- OUI application package (including all required supporting documents) sent by email to the Exchange Team at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2023.
Application Turnaround Times
You will be notified by mid-February if you have been accepted to the Carleton University Exchange Program. Your Ontario Universities International results (including the OUI partner to which you will be nominated) will be available in March/April.
- ORA Application Form Instructions
- ORA Ontario Application Form
- ORA Language Assessment Form
- ORA Study Proposal Questionnaire