About Through a Global Lens
The Through a Global Lens Photography Competition invites students, faculty and staff to submit original photographs that showcase their international experiences both in Canada and around the world. The competition typically opens in Mid-December and entries are displayed during the first week of February (corresponding with International Development Week) in the University Centre Galleria.
2018 Contest Information
Please read the following information carefully and enter the competition here:
- Global Architecture
- Scenes from Around the World (Landscapes)
- Culinary Works
Submit up to five photos (one per category) using our online submission form. Showcase your international experiences in Canada and around the world!
Who can Participate? The entire Carleton University Community – Students, Faculty, and Staff
How to Vote? During the exhibition (Feb. 5-9) you will be able to scan a QR code that will direct you to our voting platform in which you can select your favourite photos!
- Deadline: Sunday January 28, 2018
- Exhibition: February 5 – 9, 2018 in the 4th floor of the University Centre
- Official Voting Dates: February 6 – 8, 2018
Winners Announcement: Friday February 9, 2018
Main Competition Conditions
- Participants must submit their photos using the submission form on this page.
- It is the responsibility of all participants to ensure that photos upload successfully.
- Photos need to be uploaded in jpeg file format only.
- Participants must agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the submission form.
- Photos must be original. Plagiarism will be subject to sanctions.
- Photos may be slightly retouched as long as the integrity of the image is maintained.
- The winner in each category will receive $50 on their campus card.
We encourage all members of the Carleton University community to share their photographs and visit the exhibit to engage visually with the experiences of others in the community.
2017 Competition Winners
Architecture (2017 Winner) – Jose Carlos Cuautle Chilaca “Araña”
Gastronomy (2017 Winner) – Yujie Zhou “The Bai People’s Food”
Social Media Anniversary Edition (2017 Winner) – Amal Abdulsalam
Nature/Landscapes (2017 Winner) – Jennifer Maybank “King of the Mountain”