UHIP fees are added to your student account at the time of course registration.  Any refund of UHIP fees must be requested by you!   You may be eligible for refund if one of the following applies to you:

1) There is a change in your status

If there is a change in your status and you find you are eligible for OHIP, you will need to bring the proof of your OHIP coverage to the ISSO and complete a Request for Refund Form. Please note that, the deadline of March 1 doesn’t apply if you are being covered by OHIP .

2) You are completing your academic program in April or your dependents are leaving Canada

If you are completing your academic program in April, leaving Canada end of April and not applying for your Post Graduate work permit, you can apply for up to 4 months refund (May to August). You must provide a copy of your plane ticket home, plus proof of application to graduate along with the refund form.

If you have your spouse/dependents covered under UHIP and if they will be leaving Canada prior to the end of their UHIP coverage, you can apply for a partial refund for the unused period of time.

The refund application deadline is March 1st. 

Other Important Notice:  

  • Student who are leaving for the summer months and returning to school in September are not eligible for a summer refund.

Note: Processing your refund application and making the adjustments in your student account may take some time. Please allow at least 2-4 weeks for the refund process to be completed and confirmed. For additional information, please contact the UHIP administrator.