UHIP is a basic and primary health care plan and it covers a number of services such as:
- Hospital services such as; emergency room services, non-emergency hospitalization etc. (Limitations may apply. See above) Sun Life must be notified within 48 hours of any hospital stay expected to exceed 72 hours in duration.
- Physician’s services, for example, annual health examination, diagnosis & treatment of illness and injuries, care related to pregnancy etc. and
- Miscellaneous, for example, diagnostic and x-ray services, emergency ambulances etc.
- Pre and postnatal care
- One eye exam per year if you are under the age of 20 or over the age of 65.
- UHIP reimburses physicians at a rate of 125% of the OHIP rate. Each medical test/assessment has a corresponding ‘OHIP code’ and cost and UHIP will pay 125% of that cost. Anything over and above that 125% will be the responsibility of the student/member to pay.
UHIP does NOT cover dental costs and prescription medication. See table below. Be sure to check out the opt-in and opt-out deadlines for:
- Undergraduate students should contact *Carleton University Student’s Association (CUSA) for details on the Accident, Dental and Drug Plan
- Graduate students can find more details on their Health, Dental and Accident plan here or visit the GSA (Graduate Student’s Association), 6th Floor University Centre).
The CUSA/GSA supplemental plan charges will be added to your account automatically provided a) you start your studies in fall; b) you are registered full-time. If you are starting studies in the Winter term, you must opt-in to the supplemental plan by visiting either CUSA or the GSA. Opt-in deadlines apply.
- Dependents can be added to the drug/dental plans. Opt in deadlines apply. Visit the appropriate office for details
|Service||UHIP||CUSA/GSA supplemental plan|
|Out of country Travel||NO||Yes|