Here are some simple tips to help protect yourself from IT threats.
- Create a strong password.
- Do not share you password.
MyCarleton Portal, Carleton Central and WebCT
- Logout at the end of every session.
- Close any open windows when you’re not using them.
- Never open messages from suspicious sources.
- Use email appropriately – do not send anything in email you may regret later (visa number, SIN, passwords etc).
- When connecting to secure resources from off campus, use the Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Use and properly maintain anti-virus software to protect your computer form online threats.
- Always log off when you are finished on a computer. Staff and faculty, when you walk away from your desk, lock your computer (Ctrl + Alt + Delete)
- Never leave you username and password on a post-it at a public computer!