A redesigned MyCarleton portal is being launched for students on July 24. With the cleaned-up version of the personalized portal, students will find it easier to:
- navigate through Carleton emails,
- navigate through personal and campus announcements,
- access the learning management system and
- access Carleton Central.
So how different will it look?
- Fewer tabs. The My Home and Academic Services being the two remaining tabs for students. The library tab, my services tab and the Carleton Central tab have been removed, with access to Carleton Central being turned into a button at the left-hand side of the page.
- Fewer links. Also removed are the Carleton links and external links sections. These public links, such as accessing the library website, Carleton event listings and checking out campus media, will instead be listed on the current students page, which is also getting a facelift set to launch on July 24. The current students page will also become the new portal access login page.
These changes are being implemented in response to student feedback provided as part of a student communication benchmarking project. The project uses student feedback to improve the way we communicate with students about all aspects of the university.