How to reset your Exchange account on your iPhone/iPad
The built-in mail app included with your iPhone or iPad works with Duo two-factor authentication, as long as your iOS version is 11 or better: Settings > General > About > Software Update
But, even though this is the case, several hours after your account is Duo-enabled, there’s a chance that your iPhone or iPad may begin continuously re-prompting you for your Exchange password.
Should this password reprompting occur, the fix is straightforward and the ITS Service Desk will be happy to assist you: just 1) delete and 2) re-add your Exchange account, as shown below. You can also choose to do this now, pro-actively, as you prepare for Duo-enablement of your MC1 account.
- Delete your iPhone’s mail app account for Carleton Exchange:
- Re-add your iPhone’s Carleton Exchange account to your iPhone’s mail app:
Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account > Exchange
- Enter your full Exchange address, no periods: e.g. JaneDoe@cunet.carleton.ca. You’ll be presented with Carleton’s on-premise authentication page, cufed.carleton.ca, where you can enter your full Exchange address again and your MC1 password:
- Validate with Duo and select your desired Exchange attributes:
- Your Exchange account has been successfully re-added. If you have more than one email account configured on your iPhone or iPad, you can go back to settings, click on Mail, and scroll to select which is your desired default email account.